A Lifelong Battle – And Hope for an End
February 6, 2022
A Chapter a Day
- Sunday, February 6, Romans 7
- Monday, February 7, Romans 8
- Tuesday, February 8, Romans 9
- Wednesday, February 9, Romans 10
- Thursday, February 10, Romans 11
- Friday, February 11, Romans 12
- Saturday, February 12, Romans 13
If you would like to receive a short, daily email to help you better understand and apply the chapter we are reading together each day, please sign up by texting the word Chapter to 22828.
A Basic Outline of the Book of Romans
Romans 1:1 – 3:20: All have and deserve God’s wrath (Sin)
Romans 3:21 – 5:21: In Christ, we are (Justification)
Romans 6 – 7: In Christ, we are (Sanctification)
Romans 8: In Christ, we have the hope of (Glorification)
Romans 9 – 11: God is in our salvation (Election)
Romans 12 – 16: Practical (Christian Living)
Romans 7:14-25, ESV
14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin.
- Christians believe God’s standards are , though we are still .
15 For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. 16 Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. 17 So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.
- Christians desire to do what is , though we still have .
21 So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand.
- Christians desire to do what is , though we still deal with .
22 For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, 23 but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.
- Christians in God’s standards, though we still have tendencies.
24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!
- Christians will one day be from the struggle with sin by .
“Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.” (1 John 3:2, ESV)
So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.
Tips For Battling Sin: